Plymouth CAST Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a Headteacher for Sacred Heart Primary School, Paignton, for September 2019.
Sacred Heart is a one form entry primary school situated in the seaside town of Paignton, Torbay. There are 240 children currently on roll, including our Nursery. The school is a Thrive based school and holds the Gospel Values at the heart of all it does. It is situated in the most deprived area of the Bay with 32% PP, 14% SEN and 15% EAL. All members of the school team are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children. It is a fully inclusive school that lives by the mission statement ‘Everyone is Sacred’. The school is well respected in the local community.
The successful candidate:
● Is a practising Catholic with a strong understanding of and commitment to the Gospel and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Has ability to lead school-wide improvement initiatives that have a demonstrable impact on pupil attainment.
● Has made a significant impact in teaching and learning outcomes.
● Is passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people.
● Is committed to meeting the learning and pastoral needs of all pupils at the school.
● Can manage the school’s financial and human resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the school’s educational goals and priorities.
● Is resilient and positive, responding to the current challenges in education.
● Is able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff.
● Is committed to working as part of a family of schools within the Trust.
Required: September 2019
Salary: Leadership pay spine 12-18
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01803 558298.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date for applications: Midday on Monday 25th February 2019
Date for in-school activities: - W/c 11th March 2019
Panel Interview at St Boniface House, Ashburton: - 18th or 19th March 2019