Bonner Primary School is looking to appoint an experienced leader to build on its outstanding achievements as a large, diverse and culturally-rich Local Authority school, situated in the heart of the East End of London.
The retirement of Bonner’s current Headteacher presents a rare and exciting opportunity for someone to assume the leadership of this well-established, community-focused school to take it through its next stage of development. Bonner is a four-form entry school operating on two sites in Bethnal Green and Mile End. It is proud of its varied, enriched curriculum, the achievements of its pupils and of its collaborative relationship with other schools and agencies. The school values every child, parent and member of staff and the contribution each has to make. We look forward to welcoming a new Headteacher who combines these values with a proven passion for learning and teaching.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about:
- Building upon the current high standards and securing the best possible outcomes for pupils;
- Supporting and developing the school’s outstanding leadership team to ensure exemplary learning and teaching throughout the school;
- Engaging and developing a large staff complement, both as a body and as individuals; and
- Working with the Governing Body to ensure it plays its full part in the ongoing development of the school.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability in school improvement and of engaging relevant stakeholders and partners in the process;
- Demonstrable experience of setting high expectations and delivering a challenging and exciting curriculum; and
- A track record of, and commitment to, engaging with parents and the wider community.
What Bonner can offer:
- The opportunity to build on the achievements of an outstanding, community-based school that provides a well-rounded education;
- Pupils who love learning and are keen to attend school;
- A welcoming and engaged school community with parents who want their children to succeed;
- The opportunity to work with a highly professional and committed senior leadership team and dedicated staff eager to provide the best learning opportunities for pupils;
- A strong and effective administrative and technical team; and
- A supportive and professional Governing Body.
Bonner is a National Teaching School that works successfully with its partners in the Teach East London Teaching School Alliance. The successful candidate would be expected to lead and build on the school’s valued contribution to the work of the Alliance.
If you have the drive and passion we are looking for, we would be very pleased to hear from you. School visits are strongly encouraged. The school is easily accessible via public transport and also has parking on site.
To arrange a visit, please contact Paulette Coulson by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone 020 8980 1004.
APPLICATION FORMS SHOULD BE E-MAILED BY MID-DAY 19 JANUARY 2018
INTERVIEW DATES HAVE BEEN SET FOR 8/9 FEBRUARY 2018
Bonner Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.