School group: 3
The children, staff and governors of Harbinger School are seeking to appoint a Head Teacher to lead our innovative and dedicated team, due to the retirement of our existing Head teacher.
Harbinger is a vibrant and happy community school, situated on the Isle of Dogs in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London. It is one and a half form entry, with an Early Years Foundation Stage Unit.
We are culturally, ethnically and socially diverse, and we celebrate this rich mix whilst aiming to bring the whole community together around our shared goals. Despite the local area being characterised by various disadvantages, children progress well in school and report that they enjoy coming to Harbinger every day. They display excellent behaviour and a genuine enthusiasm for learning. Our staff team is stable and cohesive, and the governors skillfully provide a level of challenge and support to enable the school to move forward.
The school is forward-thinking and strives to provide a rich curriculum which fosters curiosity and a love of learning . We are committed to meeting the individual needs of all children through inclusive practice, and we hold central the importance of emotional intelligence and well-being for children to be able to succeed.
Our new Head Teacher will be:
- Passionate about education and lifelong learning for all
- Committed to emotional intelligence, and the well-being and development of the whole child
- Confident in their own philosophy of education and knowledgeable about pedagogy
- Keen to learn from and implement the findings of current educational research and developments
- Able to articulate their core values and how their vision for education and our school is informed by these
- Able to recognise and build upon existing strengths whilst seeking exciting opportunities for change and improvement
- Approachable and empathic, possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to motivate and lead a whole-school community with enthusiasm, integrity and empathy
- Aware of and inspired by our school's particular challenges and strengths
Closing date for applications: 22nd March 2018, noon
Interviews will take place 18th and 19th April 2018
A visit is essential and can be arranged by calling Ana Cavic (SAO) on 0207 987 1924.
If you have any questions or to have an informal chat with our adviser, please call Andy Best on 07917 080201
Please follow the application instructions at the back of the attached application form. When complete please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0207 987 1924
Harbinger School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. On interview applicants will be asked for photo identification and confirmation of qualifications. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and references.
We welcome applicants regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or religion.
Harbinger Primary School
Cahir Street, London E14 3QP