Group 2 school - NOR - 199
Shapla Primary is a single form of entry school at the west end of the borough of Tower Hamlets close to the popular Tower of London and St Katherine’s Docks. Our most recent Ofsted described the school as Good, identifying “Teaching, learning and assessment as effective” and “Pupil Outcomes as good”.
We pride ourselves on our close-knit, friendly school community. Our staff are a tight, cohesive team who work together incredibly well. Our parents are strongly committed to helping their sons and daughters succeed in school. Members of the wider community make valuable contributions to school life, helping our children learn about the world around them.
- fantastic children, confident, happy and well behaved
- a friendly and supportive ethos which celebrates its multicultural and inclusive nature
- a team of dynamic and dedicated teachers, committed to extensive extra-curricular activities
- high standards of learning and teaching
- a supportive and active governing body
Our new Headteacher will:
- be passionate about children’s learning and keen to see all children inspired to succeed
- have vision, commitment and high expectation, leading by example
- be outstanding at motivating and managing staff and creating links with the local community
- enjoy shaping and delivering a broad, balanced, innovative and creative curriculum
Our children come largely from minority ethnic communities and EAL is high. Deprivation is also high in the area and many of the children have challenging home lives. At Shapla they have the opportunity to enjoy their learning and to experience many new things for the first time. Each pupil here works hard to meet the high standards we set for her or him. By the time they leave for secondary school their skills and knowledge stretch well beyond the basic requirements of numeracy and literacy.
We are seeking a strong school leader to oversee this amazing learning environment.
A visit is essential and can be booked through Alison Corner on 0207 480 5829.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 29th March 2018
Interview dates: 24th and 25th April 2018
If you have any questions or to have an informal chat with our adviser, please call Andrew Best on 07917 080201.
Please follow the application instructions at the back of the attached application form. When complete please send your application to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Shapla Primary School
Wellclose Square, E1 8HY
LB Tower Hamlets