Cayley is a much loved, successful and inclusive school in Stepney, Tower Hamlets. We are a Good school where the children come first. The curriculum is broad, providing both personalised and creative content and addressing the core subjects. We are keen to continue pursuing new, fun and innovative ways to help our children to love learning and enjoy their time at School.
Our new Headteacher will be passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for our children. They will care about the whole family: parents, carers and children and will value our staff and the contribution they make. They will be welcoming, genuinely friendly and visible to parents. Our Headteacher will enjoy celebrating success, in all its forms, and expect our children to leave Cayley with a life-long love of learning and well prepared for the challenges ahead.
Their style of leadership will be calm, considered, inclusive and they will use distributed leadership to facilitate decision making and manage change. They will deliver strategies designed to help all our children to become resilient and confident learners, who are excited by their learning experiences and who expect, and are encouraged, to do their very best.
They will understand our changing and evolving community, and will have the ability to build and maintain a sense of togetherness and common purpose. Motivating staff, with a focus on their development, will be a key part of our Headteacher’s day to day activities. They will be outward facing, collaborating with other schools, the Local Authority and other organisations for the benefit of Cayley’s pupils and their families.
- a friendly and supportive ethos which celebrates the multicultural and inclusive nature of our school;
- an enthusiastic and inquisitive group of children who enjoy learning and display good behaviour;
- an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and dedicated staff team;
- a rich mix of families, who strongly support the school;
- an exciting school environment, both inside and out, with high quality resources;
- an effective governing body, who positively support and challenge the school;
- high standards of learning and teaching;
- a commitment to creative approaches to the curriculum, with exciting cross-curricular learning opportunities;
- a commitment to learning through play in the EYFS;
- strong links with other local schools and the Local Authority.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 28th January 2021
Please complete the attached application form and requested supporting statements and email them to email@example.com by Noon on 28th January 2021.
Interview date: as soon after February half-term as Covid restrictions allow
Due to Covid-19 restrictions a virtual visit and conversation with the current Headteacher can be arranged by contacting Nancy Gray on 0207 790 1490 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits will resume when Covid restrictions allow and are strongly encouraged for those shortlisted.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat with our adviser, please call Andrew Best on 07917 080201.
We are committed to ensuring equality and diversity is central to the operation of our school through the staff we employ and the provision that we make.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Cayley Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
Cayley School is situated on the borders of Limehouse and Stepney, in Tower Hamlets, London. It is an area rich in history and cultural diversity; it is close to the City of London, Canary Wharf and the Docklands are...