The Governors of Loreto Preparatory School are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified practising Roman Catholic to be an inspirational and dynamic Headteacher who will lead and develop our exceptional school.
Loreto Preparatory School is an Independent Catholic Primary School for girls aged 3 to 11 years and is under the trusteeship of the Loreto Sisters. There are currently 166 pupils on the roll.
At Loreto, we recognise that our pupils are made in the image and likeness of God. Our mission is to help each child to reach her full potential in a happy and supportive environment. The values of the Gospel and those of our foundress, Mary Ward, are central to the spiritual development and academic achievement of our pupils.
At Loreto you will find:
· A strong Catholic ethos
· A vibrant enthusiasm for the Loreto ethos supported by the values of Mary Ward
· An enriched curriculum that supports the children's individual progress
· Keen, confident and enthusiastic children from a diverse range of backgrounds, who are
motivated to learn
· Children whose academic achievement is excellent
· An atmosphere where strong personal development is positively encouraged
· Staff who are open-minded, flexible, motivated and responsive to change
· A hardworking, supportive and dedicated staff, leadership team and governing body
The successful candidate will:
· Have a clear vision and understanding of Catholic education
· Be committed to the success of every child
· Be a leader with proven interpersonal skills
· Be an outstanding classroom teacher who is committed to the highest standard of teaching and
learning, and to the professional development of staff
· Continue to promote effective relationships with parents, parish and the wider community
· Provide confident and inspirational leadership for the pupils, staff and the wider school
Loreto Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and Disqualification by Association statement.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 0161 928 8310 to arrange a visit.
For further details and an application pack, please contact the school by email at email@example.com.
Closing date is 12.00 noon, 7th February 2017. Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 20th February 2017.