The Governors of Foremarke School Dubai formally invite applications for the position of Headteacher to commence 1st August 2019.
Who We're Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of leadership experience both in UK and (ideally) overseas within Prep and Primary settings, with an innovation and growth mindset both in terms of academic and commercial leadership.
About Foremarke School Dubai
Foremarke is a Prep-School, catering from Nursery (FS1) to Year 8, currently rated 'Very Good' by the Dubai Schools Inspection Board (DSIB). The school currently operates with approximately 500 pupils, having opened years 7-8 this academic year with an eventual capacity of around 1000. A key consideration in the selection for this position will be demonstrable experience of growing enrolment in a competitive environment whilst mantaining a stretching academic environment under which every child can thrive.
Foremarke, boasts state of the art facilities and is situated at the heart of ‘New Dubai’ in the Dubai Science Park. It offers the academic rigour of the UK National Curriculum within an inclusive family environment. The School is built on the twin foundations of academic excellence and the highest standards of pastoral care. We combine the traditional values of our partner school in the UK, Foremarke Hall, with the vibrancy of international life in the UAE. This enables our pupils to leave Foremarke fully prepared for the next phase in their education, whether in a UK independent school, an international school or a senior school here in Dubai.
The school follows the New National Curriculum enhanced with elements of the Independent Schools Examination Board (ISEB) curriculum and is designed to meet the rigorous standards expected for entrance examinations. Active learning, scientific progress tracking and individualised teaching are the cornerstones of the curriculum. At Foremarke, pupils are prepared not only to pass assessments but also for an enriched and productive adult life; most importantly they leave with a love for learning for its own sake.
Traditional values such as manners, and appropriate behaviour are promoted, set within the modern context of key skills, for example digital literacy. Foremarke places emphasis on sports, music and the arts, as well as exceptional academic performance, which are covered in more detail within the downloadable candidate pack.
- Competitive tax free package
- Annual return flights
- Global healthcare plan for self, spouse and up to two children (up to age 18)
- School fees remission for up to two dependent children in EKI Schools
- Exceptional CPD opportunities
Applying for this post
Candidates may via the 'apply' link, attaching CV and covering letter.
- Closing Date: Thursday 22nd November 2018
- Longlist Interviews: Week commencing 26th November by Skype
- Final Interviews in Dubai: 8th & 9th December 2018
- Start Date: 1st August 2019
Additional Resources available for download below:
- The Candidates Pack for the position, including detailed school information and Job Description
- The latest DSIB Inspection Report
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, QTS /PGCE, plus NPQH or master’s in Education or similar are mandatory
- At least 3 years’ experience as Headteacher of a Prep or Primary School in the UK (Mandatory)
- At least 2 additional years’ experience in Headship outside the UK (Preferable)
- Demonstrable track record of successful leadership across both academic and commercial aspects of schools
- Deep understanding, gained through direct experience, of the challenges and demands of leadership in a coeducational prep school environment.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and leading high performing teams.
- The academic and intellectual credentials to command the respect of the whole school community.
- Leadership in an international school (essential).
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Exceptional knowledge and demonstrable success in the commercial aspects of school leadership.
- Outstanding people leadership skills, with a willingness to delegate meaningfully and an instinctive understanding of how to create the conditions in which others can grow, develop and succeed.
- A clear grasp of the role of Headteacher as a Chief Executive, with the proven ability to devise and implement strategy, prioritise effectively and hold the many different elements of the job in balance.
- First-class communication skills, with the manner, gravitas and personal authority to act as a compelling ambassador for Foremarke Dubai and the wider Repton Family of Schools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire the whole school community in the pursuit of excellence.
- An intellectual enthusiasm for wider educational developments, particularly with relation to developments in technology supporting academic outcomes and effective teaching & learning.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to relate to parents, pupils and stakeholders of the school from a wide variety of countries and cultural backgrounds.
- Good awareness of the cultural and operational challenges of managing a school in the Middle East.
- A wide understanding of the international educational environment.