HEADTEACHER (GROUP 3 – 15 – 21)
NURSERY TO YEAR 6
PERMANENT POSITION – START DATE TO BE AGREED
Number on Roll 370 Published Admission Number 420
The Governing Body of Three Lane Ends Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate Headteacher who will be an inspirational Leader to further develop the strengths and achievements of our Academy and inspire us to continue to improve and raise pupil achievement. The successful candidate will have the drive, vision and energy to raise standards further, develop staff and facilitate all children to achieve their full potential.
Three Lane Ends Academy is a two form entry, Nursery to Year 6 Primary School, we are situated on the edge of Castleford Town Centre. The school was judged to be ‘Requires Improvement’ in July 2017, since that time a new leadership group has been created, the school has undergone a complete refurbishment and a new uniform and learning culture in line with our Trust values has been implemented. The wider staff team are largely new to profession and are enjoying the training and CPD opportunities available across the learning community. Parents are included and involved in school life and recent external reviews have noted that the school is rapidly moving towards good in the areas of Leadership & Management, Personal Development and wellbeing. It is a wonderful time to join a rapidly improving school!
We are very proud of our recent improvements and believe that working collaboratively with the new Headteacher will inspire us to both reach new heights and our full potential. We offer an exciting and challenging opportunity in a large primary Academy, which is at the heart of our community.
Here at Three Lane Ends Academy we are looking to appoint a strong leader with a proven track record of leading dynamic and rapid change across a school community who is committed to school improvement and learning opportunities for all staff, parents and children.
The successful candidate will have:
- An extensive proven track record of leadership, management and effective communication with all stakeholders in a successful Academy
- Skills to further develop the expertise of all staff
- Strategies and expertise to develop Teaching and Learning, and to improve the achievement of all our children
- Commitment to maintain a strong ethos of inclusion and opportunities for all
- A passion for improvement in all aspects of Academy life and an innate ability to embrace and manage change
You will need to have:
- The highest expectations for children’s attainment, personal development and behaviour
- A clear vision of excellence in primary education with the ability to think strategically and lead the school through the next exciting phase of its development
- Proven leadership with evidence of strategic understanding and embedding of new initiatives
- An understanding of effective management and an ability to empower and develop a team of dedicated staff
- A desire to develop and nurture strong working relationships with pupils, staff, families and school partners
Our new Headteacher will:
- Make learning a happy experience for every child
- Value every child and strive to ensure that both pupils and staff have high aspirations for achievement
- Be a positive role model, with the ability to motivate children and staff alike, inspiring all to reach their full potential
- Establish strong relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and the local community
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to further develop the leadership team
- Demonstrate the drive, experience and creativity to continuously improve our school
We can offer:
- A rapidly improving school with a strong leadership team
- A vibrant learning environment after an extensive refurbishment in 2017/2018
- Committed and enthusiastic staff dedicated to bringing out the full potential of each child
- Children who are happy, valued and well-motivated
- A supportive Governing Body and Parents
Candidates are welcome to visit the Academy by arrangement only week commencing Monday 7th January 2019 (please see dates below) where there will be an opportunity to meet Academy Governors. To arrange an informal visit to the Academy please contact Mrs Rachel Smithyman, PA to Ms Jayne Clarke, Primary Director of Education on telephone number 01977 524483, alternatively email: email@example.com We look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Further information about our Academy, the role and how to apply can be found by downloading the Headteacher Recruitment Information Pack from www.castlefordacademy.com Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, CEO and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Monday 14th January 2018.
Please feel free to visit our school website following this link - www.tleacademy.co.uk
Shortlisting will take place w/c 15th January 2019
The Selection process will be carried out over 2 days which will include both the 29th & 30th January 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to embrace this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of an enhanced disclosure from the DBS and satisfactory references.
02nd January 2019
Visits to School
w/c 7th January
AM – Wednesday 9th January 2019
AFTER SCHOOL – Thursday 10th January 2019
PM – Friday 11th January 2019
Closing date for applications
Midday on Monday 14th January 2019
Tuesday 15th January 2019
Interviews – Candidates may be told if they are unsuccessful at the end of day one
Tuesday 29th & Wednesday 30th January 2019
Appointment is subject to references and safeguarding checks.
Please refer to our policy which can be found on our website.