Common Road Infant & Nursery School is a large two form entry infant school with 52 nursery places.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a headteacher with the dedication and passion to continue the school’s journey of improvement, nurturing children’s potential and taking this very popular, inclusive and welcoming school forward, building on the school’s many existing strengths.
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an effective leader who:-
- Will be an inspiring and dynamic leader with a proven track record of success in Early Years and key stage 1
- Has a clear strategic vision and communicates this effectively to all stakeholders, showing ambition for the school community and forging excellent relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
- Has the proven ability to ensure that standards of teaching and learning are consistently good or better, embedding a culture of high aspiration for all children
- Will motivate, challenge and support staff, further developing the talents and creativity of a highly committed team
- Has the determination and skills to raise standards where required, whilst recognising and celebrating existing good practice
- Understands the community context and connects with the families and pupils who attend
In return we can offer you:-
- An enthusiastic, highly motivated staff team
- A very welcoming school with well-behaved children who love to attend
- An attractive, well-resourced and well-maintained learning environment
- A supportive Governing Body with a range of skills who will demonstrate a commitment to your continuing professional development
- The opportunity to inspire, challenge and encourage a committed team of staff to achieve the best outcomes for children
- An opportunity to transform the life chances of children within the community
We would be proud to show you around so you can see for yourself the tremendous potential the school offers. However, due to the Covid-19 guidance, we are needing to restrict access to site so will only be able to offer visits on Thursday 25th or Friday 26th February before pupils return to school. Please contact the School Business Manager on 01977 651918 to arrange a suitable time to visit our school.
For further information and to apply please visit: http://getahead.wakefield.gov.uk
Application forms should be completed online and submitted by: Noon on 26th February 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 3rd March 2021
Interviews: Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th March 2021
At Common Road Infant & Nursery School we are all committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Satisfactory pre-employment checks and references will be required. You will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure Application Form and provide criminal conviction information. Shortlisted candidates will also be required to make a declaration under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations.
For further information about Wakefield Council please visit www.wakefield.gov.uk.
Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Line on 0345 8506506 (typetalk calls welcome) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common Road Infant & Nursery School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 7 years