Are you… Kind, have a passion, smart, experienced, patient, friendly, funny, have a good sense of humour and fair? (Rachel, Year 4, Beatrix Potter School)
For the first time in 30 years, Beatrix Potter Primary School is seeking to appoint a new headteacher. Fully ensconced in the community of Earlsfield for a century, the Governing Body of Beatrix Potter Primary School is both proud of the legacy that has been created by its outgoing head, and ambitious and excited for the next chapter in the development of our school.
This is a career defining opportunity for an exceptional candidate who:
- Can articulate a clear and positive vision that is specific to Beatrix Potter School;
- Recognises the importance of maintaining the school’s existing vision and values whilst instilling their own leadership and identity;
- Is an exceptionally enthusiastic and committed leader who can manage and motivate the children, staff, and wider school community;
- Can manage the competing demands of maintaining a creative, broad, and balanced curriculum that encourages children to reach their potential whilst demonstrating year-on-year improvement in attainment;
- Is a skilled and confident communicator who can positively harness the goodwill and support of the wider school community.
In return, Beatrix Potter Primary School offers:
- Strong academic performance that matches and often exceeds local and national attainment and progress outcomes;
- Experienced and respected Senior Leadership Team;
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in March 2019, “the middle leaders are a strength of the school”, whilst “A culture of positive change is provided by the governing body, which supports and holds the SLT to account”. “Parents, carers, pupils and staff are happy with and in the school. Pupils are polite, kind and articulate, and value each other and the people around them”;
- UNCRC Rights Respecting School – Gold Award;
- A financially and well-managed school;
- A school of circa 300 children, from nursery to year 6;
- Integrated nursery and primary school with well-equipped facilities redeveloped in the past decade, including new hall, classroom facilities and landscaped grounds and play areas;
- Supportive infrastructure including an active parent body;
- Curriculum that is reflective of local history – in particular, ties to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment.
We welcome applications from serving headteachers, heads of school, deputies and assistant head teachers who fulfil the Person Specification. A site visit to experience the school first-hand is encouraged (dependent on Covid-19 restrictions).
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/.
Alternatively, contact Harwinder Beckles, HR Officer on 020 8871 7590 or e-mail email@example.com to receive an application pack or with enquiries regarding the application process.
Completed applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please call and confirm the receipt of your application.
Closing date: Monday, 12th April 2021 (at midnight)
Shortlisting: Thursday, 15th April 2021
Selection and Interviews: Tuesday, 27th April 2021
Data Notice: Please note that all personal data will be stored securely for the required period.
Beatrix Potter Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warning, cautions and convictions in any application.
Please note that CVs are not accepted
Beatrix Potter Primary School
Tel: 020 8874 1482
Headteacher: Stephen Neale
Beatrix Potter Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years