‘Be the best you can be with a zest for living, a thirst for learning and a spirit of kindness.'
Situated in beautiful West Somerset, Watchet is a small seaside town on the edge of Exmoor and the Quantocks within easy reach of the M5. Our flourishing school and nursery are looking for a dynamic and aspirational head teacher to inspire and support the children, staff and community. Due to the retirement of our head teacher:
We are looking for someone who will:
- have a passion for learning and inspire creative and enthusiastic learners;
- nurture the strong relationships that help support all within the school community;
- value every child’s gifts and strive to give each the best opportunities to thrive
Our School and Nursery excels in creating a warm and friendly family atmosphere where children achieve a high standard of education within the Christian ethos of caring for one another and where everyone feels secure and valued. The Nursery welcomes children from 6 weeks to 4 years with a smooth transition to our School for children up to Year 4. Our present head teacher has led the School to ‘good’ and we now seek a new leader to bring vision and inspiration to build on our successes.
The children, staff, governors and community are looking for someone who will:
- have a clear and well-articulated moral purpose to inspire others
- motivate, challenge and support the work of all the team
- lead with a clear vision and strategic planning
- value inclusive education with an understanding of SEN and emotional literacy
- have an understanding of how children learn through creative and innovative approaches
- enjoy collaborative working with staff, parents, other schools and settings
- be supportive of the Christian ethos and foundation of the school
- have recent successful experience as a head teacher or within senior leadership
We can offer:
- a beautiful and rich environment in which to inspire children
- children who delight in learning and blossom with new experiences
- a committed, talented and enthusiastic staff who embrace new challenges
- highly supportive and knowledgeable governors who provide focus and commitment to enable the school to flourish in the community
- a strong collaborative partnership within the Exmoor Coast Federation providing excellent opportunities for shared CPD, head teacher support and innovation.
Details of how to apply
Visits to the School and Nursery are warmly welcomed. Please contact the School Business Manager on 01984 634385.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information and an application form, please telephone our recruitment line on 01823 348270 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Please state which post and school. If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Closing date: Monday 12th December 2016
Interviews: Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th January 2017
Knights Templar C of E and Methodist First School and Little Vikings Nursery