HEADTEACHER at THE GATWICK SCHOOL (TGS)
(Required for September 2020)
SALARY: L24-30 (£73,446 - £84,886, which includes London Fringe Area Allowance). This salary will be reviewed annually based on performance criteria and year-on-year increases to the school roll.
Our fantastic children, parents and staff need a strong, dynamic and vibrant leader. You will play a crucial role in developing our ethos, leading our school team and enhancing our reputation. Above all, you must be relentless in your pursuit of excellent academic standards and passionate about making sure that all of our children excel in all that they do.
ABOUT US: The Gatwick School is an all-through (ages 4-16) free school that was established in September 2014. It currently has 762 children on roll. The school accepts new students each year in both Reception and Year 7 and, when full, TGS will have a total of 1020 students (420 in the primary phase and 600 in secondary). TGS is located on the edge of Manor Royal Business Park in Crawley. We are less than one mile from Gatwick Airport. TGS is part of an international group of schools run by Pansophic Learning and thus we have direct links with schools and educators across the South-East in the UK, the USA, the Middle East, Switzerland and Africa. TGS was judged to be Good in all areas in its first Ofsted Inspection (May 2017).
ABOUT YOU: You will be:
• an experienced senior leader in an all-through or a secondary setting
• able to demonstrate a strong track record of personal teaching success
• able to evidence impact in leadership of whole school initiatives
• an excellent communicator with an ability to inspire and motivate others
• prepared to learn about primary education in an all-through setting
• committed to your own and others’ professional development
• a proven ambassador for your current school who will be able to play a key role in marketing our school in the local community
• ambitious for yourself and others
• Will you be able to ensure that the curriculum provision is ambitious, challenging, broad and balanced?
• Can you motivate and inspire others while also maintaining high staff morale?
• Can you successfully market TGS in the local community and beyond, so that our reputation and profile guarantee future student numbers?
• You will be joining a local and international group of schools – this will provide opportunities for further growth and career progression beyond this position
• You will have access to our renowned professional development programme for senior leaders (Global Leadership Institute)
• We have very close links with the Airport and other businesses on Manor Royal
• We are situated close to the motorway links to London and the South East
• You will have the opportunity to shape our future!
If you think you have what it takes to be our Headteacher, then please apply! However, if you would like an informal chat about the post then please contact either our Trust CEO, Tim McCarthy on 07740351137, or our Trust Director of Education, Paul Reilly on 07734800412.
To arrange a school visit please contact our Head of Administration, Sonia Mitchinson on 01293 538779
School Visits: Can be arranged up to Friday 14th Feb 2020
Closing Date for Applications: 5.00pm Tuesday 25th Feb 2020
Shortlisting: Wed 26th Feb 2020
Day One – Thursday 19th March 2020 at TGS for shortlisted candidates
Day Two – Friday 20th March 2020 (Venue TBC) for successful candidates from Day One