The Governing Body of Horsham Nursery School is seeking an inspirational Headteacher who has the drive and imagination to take the school into the future, while developing even further the outstanding practice across our vibrant Nursery School including the Special Support Centre and Under Three’s day-care provision. The successful candidate will be a visionary leader with a passion for Early Years teaching and learning who will work collaboratively with the three other Maintained Nursery Schools in West Sussex to further develop System Leadership within the wider Early Years sector.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- an in depth knowledge of child development from 0-5 years;
- the ability, enthusiasm and commitment to working in partnership with families, governors and other professionals;
- a commitment to supporting children with additional needs;
- a proven track record of effective and supportive leadership;
- an inclusive philosophy which embraces and celebrates diversity;
- a commitment to an exciting learning environment and the value of outdoor learning.
We would be delighted to welcome interested candidates to visit our nursery in a COVID-secure way. Please contact the school office on 01403 224430 to arrange an appointment.
Please submit your application using the application form with a supporting letter of no more than two sides of A4 when typed. This should include how you satisfy the person specification. Please return your completed application form and supporting letter, quoting ref 16370, by 12 noon on 9th April 2021 to: HRSchoolAdverts@westsussex.gov.uk.
Interview dates: 5th and 6th May 2021
This post is subject to the enhanced DBS clearance in line with the Governing Body’s commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children: also references and health checks.
Horsham Nursery School
- Mainstream school with state - lea nursery funding
- Early Years
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 5 years