St Margaret’s is a large school (494), rated Good by Ofsted and an Outstanding church school. Our current Headteacher is retiring at the end of the academic year and the Governors are seeking an individual with the skills, experience and drive to build on the school’s achievements and make the school outstanding.
We wish to appoint a strong, dedicated and inspirational leader and manager who shares our ambitious aspirations and is committed to ensuring that every child thrives. We are looking for an exceptional communicator who has a clear vision to develop our school, high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour, and the ability to engage and motivate pupils, colleagues and other key stakeholders. Previous experience as a Headteacher, or Deputy Head is essential.
The Headteacher will be tasked with developing the school’s Christian ethos so there is an occupational requirement for the Headteacher to be a committed Christian pursuant to the Equality Act 2010.
At St Margaret’s we offer:
- A distinctive and inclusive Christian ethos, and close working with our local church.
- A superb team of highly dedicated teaching and support staff and capable, informed Governors committed to the future development of the school.
- A happy, caring and engaging atmosphere and learning environment, with friendly, interested children who make us proud to be involved in their school.
- The opportunity to grow and develop personally and professionally.
- Good facilities in a spacious, bright and welcoming school building with unusually large grounds within a beautiful and historic village.
Closing date: 16 January 2017.
Interviews will be held on 7 & 8 February 2017.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. We would welcome the opportunity to show you around and answer any questions you may have. Please contact our school office on 01903 785416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Clerk to the Governors).
Details of how to apply are in the attached Recruitment Pack (page no. 8 – Chair of Governors letter).
For an electronic version or hardcopy of the Recruitment Pack, please telephone 01243-642140 or email email@example.com (quoting reference number 16226), please supply your full postal address.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. There will be a need for the successful applicant to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
St Margaret’s C of E Primary School
Arundel Rd, Angmering, Littlehampton BN16 4LP