LEARNING THROUGH FAITH, LOVE AND RESPECT
Due to the retirement of our long-serving and highly regarded Headteacher, the Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and dedicated person to lead our school community and to continue to develop our outstanding school.
We wish to appoint:
- a practising Catholic with a strong, lived faith and deep commitment to Catholic Education and the Catholic ethos of the school;
- a person who values all children as individuals and ensures that all children are confident and able to achieve their full potential;
- someone who will strive to maintain and further enrich our outstanding school;
- a leader and innovator who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- someone who will maintain and develop the partnerships between our school, our parents and carers, our parish, Archdiocese and the wider community.
Our children would like someone who is:
- kind to everyone;
- patient, friendly and respectful;
- willing to listens to us;
- fun to be with;
- willing to celebrate differences;
- fair but strict;
- creative with lots of ideas;
- helps us with our worries;
- able to have a laugh with us;
In return, we can offer:
- a vibrant, caring and encouraging environment for learning, underpinned by a strong Catholic ethos;
- strong support from a highly effective and supportive Governing Body;
- happy, confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning;
- dedicated, supportive and hard-working staff who are fully committed to further raising standards in the classroom;
- good opportunities for continuous professional development;
- supportive parents and carers, parish and community.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
To apply, please download an application form and send it to Mrs Judith Bond, Clerk to Governors, by email: J.Bond@Wigan.gov.uk or post: Mrs Judith Bond, Clerk to Governors, Governor Services, Wigan Council, 2nd Floor, Civic Centre, Millgate, Wigan WN1 1AZ.
If you have any queries, please call: 01942 486090.
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday, 13th December 2017.
Shortlisting: Wednesday, 20th December 2017.
Interview dates: Monday, 15th & Tuesday, 16th January 2018.
St Marie’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this post.
The post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulation and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether there are disqualified under these regulations.