In the light of Jesus, we move forward together, shining like stars in the world. Seeking to do all in our power to make Aspull Church the best for our current and future pupils.
Aspull Church Primary School is a joint Anglican/Methodist School. Governors are looking for an outstanding Christian leader who is able to use the established strengths of our popular school as a springboard to move us to the next level of our journey of continuous development. We are seeking an individual with proven experience in leadership who will take our school family forward.
As a Governing Body, we are proud of our school’s Christian ethos. The successful candidate must passionately support our school’s mission statement. We are proud to treat everyone as individuals whilst valuing and celebrating their achievements as part of the wider school community. If you believe you are that person then we welcome your application.
- Uphold and further develop the strong Christian ethos of the school
- Work in partnership with all stakeholders, including all members of our school, churches, governors and the wider community
- Have a clear strategic vision of school improvement
- Motivate and inspire staff and pupils and have proven leadership skills
- Be an excellent communicator
In return, we can offer:
- An award-winning school recognised as ‘outstanding’ by SIAMS and ‘good’ by OFSTED 2017
- A supportive and dedicated team of Governors with wide ranging skills and expertise
- The opportunity to work in an environment recognised for its family Christian ethos
- Well behaved, polite and hard-working children with engaged and supportive families
- Staff who are caring, innovative and willing to go the extra mile
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school on Wednesday 10th or Thursday 11th January 2018 at 1.15pm. Please contact school to book your appointment on 01942 746679.
To apply, please download an application form and send it to Mrs Judith Bond, Clerk to Governors, by email: J.Bond@Wigan.gov.uk or post: Mrs Judith Bond, Clerk to Governors, Governor Services, Wigan Council, 2nd Floor, Civic Centre, Millgate, Wigan WN1 1AZ.
If you have any queries, please call: 01942 486090.
Closing date: Midday on 18th January 2018.
Shortlisting: 23rd January 2018.
Interview dates: 8th and 9th February 2018.
Aspull Church School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required for this post.