Walking in the footsteps of Jesus, loving and serving together
Are you ready to achieve your potential as a leader and change children’s lives in a beautiful, peaceful and historic area of the country? Come and lead us from Good to Outstanding, in an atmosphere where our impeccably well-behaved children have ‘an excellent attitude to learning’.
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Malmesbury is a good school in providing Catholic Education (Section 48 Inspection 2013) and was judged as a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted both on inspection in 2012, and in our more recent short inspection in 2017.
Our highly respected Headteacher is moving onto to her next challenge after many years of dedicated service to our school and so the Governors are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher at a key point in our development as a school, who has the capacity, vision and energy to lead our school community forward in a stimulating and nurturing environment.
We seek someone who:
- Is a practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to Catholic education and the ethos of the school.
- Values all children as individuals and ensures that all children are confident and able to achieve their full potential
- Can lead us to achieve an outstanding rating in our next OFSTED inspection and in the meanwhile target the attainment gap between boys and girls
- Can lead and support us to continually raise standards and expectations in our school
- Can maintain a culture of excellence amongst staff and pupils
- Is a leader and innovator who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knows about the principles of developing outstanding learning, teaching and assessment for all pupils including those pupils with SEND
We can offer:
An ideal environment for your first headteacher role or a perfect setting for your next headteacher appointment with the ability to stretch and develop
- A strong and caring school community, in a peaceful but well-connected area, with an outstanding Catholic ethos
- Happy, confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- Dedicated, supportive and hard-working staff who are fully committed to further raise standards in the classroom
- Strong support from a highly effective and supportive Governing Board
- Good opportunities for CPD
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Elaine Pearce at the school on 01666 822331 to make an appointment.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service. Application packs are available from, and are returnable to: Elaine Pearce at: email@example.com
The closing date for applications will be 12 noon on Monday 16th April 2018, with shortlisting shortly thereafter. Interviews will take place on Monday 23rd April and Tuesday 24th April 2018