Walwayne Court School
Ready, Respectful, Safe
At Walwayne Court we believe that the essential prerequisites for learning and creativity to happen are happiness and wellbeing; that everybody should have the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge, mindset and confidence with a smile on their face; and that if our whole school loves what they are doing, it will follow that our children, colleagues and community will achieve their full potential.
Walwayne Court Primary School in Trowbridge, a sought-after school with ‘Good’ Ofsted rating, is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Headteacher to continue and develop its high standards of education in a welcoming, inspiring and supportive environment.
The Board of Governors invites applications from exceptional leaders with a proven track record of leadership and management, who can demonstrate the skills to:
- Strategically lead and manage a thriving school, ensuring high quality education for all of its pupils;
- Inspire, lead and support a highly skilled and professional teaching staff who are committed to continually improving their approach to teaching, learning and assessment;
- Build positive relationships with the school’s stakeholders: pupils, all staff, governors, parents, and outside agencies;
- Assess, monitor and evaluate a stimulating, broad and balanced curriculum that is flexible and inclusive, including the use of technology for blended learning, particularly under current circumstances;
- Develop and implement a vision and development plan using robust strategies to successfully develop and improve an already thriving school in challenging times;
- Collaborate with a team of dedicated, hard-working governors who aim to support the Headteacher’s work and to monitor the school’s progress.
Hours of work: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 1st February 2021
Interview dates: 4th and 5th March 2021
Commencement date: 1st September 2021
Number on roll: 280
We welcome visits to our school during January 2021. These will adhere to Covid-19 guidelines. If you would like to arrange a visit please contact Sharon Buxton, School Business Manager, by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01225 776886.
If you would like to apply, please visit jobs.wiltshire.gov.uk Reference HS00093 to submit an online application and covering letter no later than Monday 1st February 2021.
CVs will not be accepted.
Walwayne Court School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Walwayne Court School Trowbridge