We have a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join our operations team based at our head office in Loughborough. This role will report directly into the Head of Operations.
About the Role
This is an important and high profile role within the Trust to provide competent support to the Central Team and 34 Academies by defining, implementing and monitoring the Health and Safety strategy. In line with regulation standards, you are responsible for compliance monitoring, the training framework and Risk Assessment Management to ensure that staff, students and visitors work in a healthy and safe environment.
On a daily basis, you will advise colleagues and stakeholders on health and safety issues, actively identify areas for improvement and contribute to plans aimed at reducing the occurrence of incidents. You will ensure that teams are proactive, up to date and comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, best practice and company standards. You will assist with the investigation of incidents to establish the root cause and preventative measures, develop and maintain a `continuous improvement` ethos.
- Relevant qualifications such as NEBOSH Diploma / Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) or working towards chartered membership.
- Experience of the development and implementation of safety management systems and up to date knowledge of H&S legislation.
- Relevant experience, ideally gained in an Education and multi-site setting.
- Specialist knowledge of Asbestos Management, Fire Risk Assessments and Accident Reporting requirements.
- Experience of developing strategies for improvement and compliance monitoring.
- Ability to interpret and translate legislation.
- Computer literate with strong presentation skills.
- An understanding of the need to deliver a quality Health and Safety provision in an efficient manner.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Experience of Line Management and people leadership.
- Exceptional Stakeholder Management ability.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, reporting writing ability and organizational skills.
About David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) is a network of academies with a geographical focus on Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire/Humber region and London. The network is a mix of primary, secondary and special academies and a mix of those that have chosen to join DRET on conversion and those that are sponsored academies.
Please note early applications advised as we reserve the right to close the advert as soon as sufficient applications have been recieved.