About the Role:
City of Bristol College is looking to appoint a Health and Safety Officer. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to progress your Health and Safety career. You will report to the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager and assist them in maintaining, as far as is reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy working environment in accordance with the College’s Health and Safety Policy, Statutory requirements and Approved Codes of Practice. You will be part of a small professional team providing a comprehensive advisory, auditing and internal regulatory service, on Occupational Health and Safety throughout the College.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
You will have an Occupational Safety and Health qualification to at least NEBOSH Certificate level, and practical experience of undertaking health and safety in a work environment. You will be a self-starter and able to work on your own initiative while participating in and contributing to the work of the team.
We are looking for someone with experience of a wide range of Health and Safety experience and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
The desirable candidate will:
- Be actively working towards a higher level Occupational Safety and Health Qualification.
- Have experience of working within an educational/training environment.
- Have experience of working in a multi-site organisation.
- Have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary organisation.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5%
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.