Health, Social Care and Early Years Teacher
Reference Number: SCC171834
Salary: £22,937 - £38,364 per annum
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 26th November 2017
Interview Date: w/c 4th December 2017
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
If you are a qualified teacher of Health and Social care and Early Years who has a proven track record of outstanding academic success and achievements to teach BTEC Health and Social Care and Access courses at a great college or equivalent industry experiences, then this role could be ideal for you. The ideal candidate must have the ability to adapt to many different environments, people, systems and expectations, You will bring a positive attitude and high expectations to each classroom and work as part of a team that aims to raise achievements and realise potential, encouraging self-belief and self-worth in each learner. Ideally, you will also have knowledge of and/or experience of delivering human biology and physiology and relevant industry experience. Applications from NQTs and industry specialists are welcome. For the right candidate who is unable to commit to full time hours, a job sharing arrangement would be considered.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website.
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.