Temporary - 1 year initially (likely to extend beyond, responsive to student needs)
37 hours per week, Term-time
Band E £20,092 - £21,748 (£17,387 - £18,820 Pro Rata)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Maltby Academy for an exceptional Healthcare Assistant to work with an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and talented professional to provide tracheostomy care to a specified student with significant medical needs. You will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future outcomes and life chances of our students. You will build a close working relationship with the focus child and their family. You will work with a group of support staff who will provide additional capacity as required.
Maltby Academy already has a strong team of professionals delivering high quality learning in and out of the classroom who work together to achieve our Academy vision ‘to deliver exceptional learning experiences that enable all young people to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and fulfilling lives’. If you feel you would like to be a part of that team and could make a valuable contribution to driving standards and performance to the next level, we would like to hear from you.
A visit to the Academy, so you can meet the Principal and key Middle and Senior Leaders is strongly advised, to enable you to discuss the post in more detail.
The ideal candidate will:
- be committed to Maltby Learning Trust's Vision and Values and the Academy's Key Drivers.
- be a driven, proactive, and positive individual with an unwavering commitment to continuously improving their own standards
- have a true growth mindset, exceptional work ethic and a sense of humour.
- have practical experience of working within a medical/caring situation.
- be highly professional, organised, efficient and display initiative.
- have high expectations of self and others.
- have the vision, energy, enthusiasm and determination to make a difference.
- be willing to access specialist training, advice and support.
- have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Maltby Academy operates.
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
- Mentoring and support from an experienced team.
- Dedicated office space which inspires outstanding performance.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
For further information please contact: Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal on email@example.com.
The 'Role Description' and 'Person Specification' can be accessed from our website careers page.
To apply please visit our website careers page - https://www.maltbylearningtrust.com/vacancies
Closing Date: Monday 27th September 2021 at 9.00am
Interviews: To be confirmed
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children | An Equal Opportunities Employer
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years