Opened in 2010 Keighley College has excellent modern facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. The college has superb training resources including a fully equipped Motor Vehicle workshop, Industry standard Fabrication and Welding workshop, State of the art Engineering facilities (including our newly created Industrial Centre of Excellence (ICE), Luxurious Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy Salons and Electrical Installation, Plumbing, Brickwork and Carpentry & Joinery Workshops. The site also has Childcare training rooms, and IT / Mac suites.
Keighley College is also home to the unique STAR Centre, a specialist hub promoting science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) subjects to young people and the Fab Lab, which offers the latest in digital fabrication equipment along with a friendly atmosphere where users can build, code, solder, design and engineer their own products.
Keighley College is a member of the Leeds City College group.
This is a reduced year role comprising 42 weeks over the year.
- To be responsible for a caseload students who have high needs acting as the main point of contact for the students while they are enrolled to Leeds City College.
- When an EHCP is completed/reviewed coordinate a meeting with the relevant staff from the curriculum department to discuss and agree the best way for the outcomes to be achieved.
- Following this put the appropriate support in place, and lead on the coordination of EHCP reviews at the direction of the High Need Assessment Team Manager.
- To lead on the progression through and out for the caseload of students who have high needs either within or to another School, working collaboratively with Schools and other partners.
- To lead and manage a team of learning support assistants who provide learning or access support for students who have high needs using a range of innovative and best practice approaches. Support and supervise specialist agency staff providing support on the campus/centre as required.
Employees of Keighley College enjoy a wide range of benefits. To find out more about what we offer click on the following link: http://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/jobs/benefits/
Keighley College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.