TASIS Philosophy : Truth - Goodness - Beauty
For 65 years, TASIS has been inspiring global citizens. Our School motto, verum, bonum, pulchrum, translates to “truth, goodness, and beauty,” concepts that guide the way we approach education as a School. We are keen on attracting and retaining educators who share our commitment to the TASIS mission and philosophy. This includes encouraging timeless human values and our common humanity; inspiring internationalism; teaching traditional subject matter and a knowledgerich curriculum; embracing beauty, manners, and loving-kindness; focusing on the moral dimension to education; and embracing the spirit of American pedagogy.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree or similar
• Classroom teacher certification/qualification to teach the relevant grade levels and subjects • A minimum of three years of recent and relevant experience in a comparable school environment
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
• Committed to diversity and inclusiveness
• Understands and respects cultural dfferences
• Empathetic and compassionate towards others
• Collaborative and encouraging with students and colleagues
• Flexible and open to change
• Takes ownership and learns from mistakes
• Comfortable managing complex situations
• Inspires and challenges students
• Creates a positive and supportive classroom environment where students can thrive
• Takes the initiative to foster consistent self-enrichment
• Demonstrates authentic engagement with his or her growth and development as a teacher and contributes to that of colleagues
• Welcomes classroom observations by peers and supervisors as a tool for self-improvement • Contributes to and supports life at TASIS through involvement in school activities and events and participation in our thriving school community
Contract Duration 10- or 12-month contract (dependent upon the Swiss work permit)
Housing: Two Options TASIS housing: A variety of housing options are available through the School; rent and other costs are deducted from the monthly salary. Local housing: TASIS can help you find local housing, though as with TASIS housing you will be responsible for rent and other costs.
Work Permit Information Work permits are for 10 or 12 months depending on nationality. Work permits are mandatory for any work activity in Switzerland. TASIS covers all work permit costs for part-time or full-time employees and residence permit costs for non-working spouses and children.
Salary Structure Our salary structure is made up of monetary compensation (base salary) and a number of monetary and non-monetary benefits. For information about benefits, please refer to the Benefits to TASIS Faculty brochure. The salary structure is based on the number of full-time years of teaching and level of education.
The American School in Switzerland (TASIS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years