32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Here at St Helen’s Primary Academy, we have a unique learning community that is proud to serve Monk Bretton and the surrounding areas. Our staff commute not just from Barnsley, but from Wakefield, Doncaster, Sheffield, and beyond.
As a result of strengthening our support team, we wish to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work as part of our outstanding support team. We are looking for somebody with commitment, energy, and drive to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils.
We expect the successful candidate to:
- Be able to build great relationships with pupils
- Be flexible and have experience across all primary ages
- Be able to deliver high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
- Work well as part of a team
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This post is a one-year fixed-term contract and is required to commence as soon as possible.
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
St Helen's Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Welcome to St Helen's Primary Academy and thank you for your interest in our school. Monk Bretton village is a small community easily reached from Wakefield, Barnsley, Rotherham ...