Are you a qualified higher level teaching assistant looking for a new challenge? We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible HLTA who is open to working with students on a 1:1 basis at their homes and in the school. This role consists of supporting children with SEN.
At Esland Care we have shared vision to be emotionally resilient, supportive leaders and teachers who provide accountable yet nurturing direction to each other and to the young children we educate and care for.
We appreciate our team members experience and skills and recognise that these make you unique, enabling you to shape and enrich the lives of the young people we educate. It is important that our team members share the same values as the wider orgainsation.
Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher. Responsible for providing support and supervision to the pupils in their homes.
To work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources.
To provide support for students, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all, by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and to encourage students to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of students in all aspects of school life.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- 2 years teaching or tutoring experience in the UK
- 1:1 Teaching experience
- Qualified to GCSE Level including Math, English & Science
- National Curriculum knowledge
- General experience in a school setting
- Experience working with young people with challenging behaviour/special needs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Self-starter who demonstrates a high level of motivation and commitment
- Full driving licence
The Esland Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is on a full time, 39-week permanent basis.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Esland Isaac Newton School
- Special needs with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years