Darwen St James’ CE Primary Academy
17.5 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only
Darwen St James’ is a small Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary Academy, situated in the heart of Darwen. It serves the local community and currently has 155 pupils on roll, with a nursery class of up to 52 children. We became an Academy in October 2014 as a member of Cidari Education Multi Academy Trust.
We are looking for a highly motivated, conscientious & creative Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) from September 2017, to join our committed & hardworking staff team, at an exciting time in the life of our school.
The suitable candidate will:
- Be an excellent HLTA, with previous whole class teaching and group work experience essential
- Support KS1 and KS2 classes through school
- Have high expectations for children’s learning
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, positive and approachable – with a good sense of humour!
- Support and develop our aims and ethos built on Christian values
We can offer you:
A happy and caring Academy, with a distinctive Christian ethos
- Lively and responsive children, who enjoy school
- Hard working and dedicated team of staff & Governors
- Mutually supportive partnerships between our Local Authority and Cidari Academy Trust schools
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
We are a small and friendly Academy, whose team work happily together, to enable our learners to enjoy and achieve of their very best.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment by contacting the Headteacher, Miss Maggie Beck on 01254 703260.
Application forms and supporting information are available from below and returnable to Lisa Burke at Cidari Educationr:
Miss L Burke
Clayton House, Blackburn, BB1 2QE
Tel: 01254 958888
Closing date for applications is Friday, 7th July 2017, 12.00pm
Shortlisting will take place Week Beginning Monday 10th July 2017
Interviews will take place Week Beginning Monday 10th July 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Supporting documents for this post including application forms are available below. Further information about the Academy is available by visiting our website http://www.darwenstjames.co.uk
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.