Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Drama Specialism
SO1 SCP 29-31 (£26,470 - £28,221)
Term time + 5 days, 32.5 hours per week
Actual salary £19,972 - £21,293 (Subject to a 6 month probationary period)
MOTIVATIONAL - INSPIRING- DYNAMIC - AMBITIOUS
We are looking to appoint a talented colleague to join our strong and committed team. Hillcrest is a vibrant and dynamic academy that is looking for an inspirational Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will provide PPA and/or sickness cover for class teachers and carry out intervention work with groups of pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold the HLTA status or QTS
- Understand how children learn most effectively
- Demonstrate care, patience and understanding
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills who takes the initiative when necessary
- Be committed to high standards of behaviour and achievement
- Have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Have confidence to provide class cover on a regular basis
- Plan and teach whole class lessons
- Assist in the preparation of the classroom for the activities planned
- Contribute, where necessary, to any discussion of pupils’ needs and progress
- Participate in any relevant Staff Development activities
- Assist in meeting the children’s needs for encouragement and reassurance
- Encourage pupils’ independence.
Working as part of The GORSE Academies Trust, we ensure that our children receive an outstanding education that focuses on aspiration, high expectations and personalisation.
Are you interested? We hope so!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check & satisfactory references.
A full application pack can be downloaded from the website www.tgat.org.uk/jobs
Completed application forms should be returned to the academy via email (Recruitment@hillcrest.leeds.sch.uk) by Friday 21st September 2018 (12 noon).
“Every lesson counts at Hillcrest Academy. Teachers are relentless in supporting every pupil to reach their potential.” Ofsted
If you would like to know more about The Gorse Academies Trust, please visit; https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-gorse-academies-trust-1071685
TGAT Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders 2018