Higher Level Teaching Assistant
£350.00 - £400.00 per week
September 2021 – July 2021
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a full-time Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the North Tyneside area. This is a fixed term supply Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) role, which will commence in September.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative primary school team across both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, the Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) will focus on delivering whole class support to multiple year groups, the successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) will also be expected to cover class PPA and staff absence when and where needed, therefore the Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) will need to be confident teaching in multiple years. Full time hours will include working 08:30 – 15:30 Monday to Friday.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are Level 4 or above in Childcare and recent experience in a school environment.
This average sized primary school is looking for a committed and successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join their motivated team. This is a school where all members of staff receive regular and robust training on safeguarding, and it has been found that the pupils make rapid progress from their starting points.
To be considered for the Higher Level Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 4 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a Key Stage 1 (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2) environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Be able to cover lessons when required
• Ideally have experience delivering one to one support.
• Ideally have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Higher Level Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Supply agency