Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Salary – £25,601.96 to £27,103.92.67 (FTE)
Start date – 4th November 2019
Work pattern – Full time - 40 hours p/w
Contract – Permanent
Location – Mossbourne Victoria Park and Mossbourne Community Academy - Hackney, London
Closing date – 12th September 2019
Interview dates – TBC
At MVPA we continue to build on the Federation’s ethos of exceptional education for all our pupils. With learning at the heart of everything we do, MVPA continues to raise expectations and achievement in Hackney and its neighbouring boroughs, with the belief that all pupils can fulfill their true potential. The Curriculum Support Department (CSD) is made up of specialist teachers, a Learning Mentor, Speech and Language Therapist, Senior TA and CSD administrator, and classroom based TAs. To support students’ diverse needs, we offer an extensive range of interventions and work closely with the pastoral and curriculum teams to ensure that each student is able to reach their potential.
MCA is the Federation’s flagship academy built on high expectations and doing right by the pupils in our care, in order for them to succeed. MCA has changed the face of education in Hackney and raised educational expectations to the highest level; we have achieved National recognition for setting a new benchmark for non-selective comprehensive education. All pupils are encouraged to achieve their true potential. With outstanding GCSE and A-level results, year on year, MCA is placed within the top 1% of schools in the country.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents;
- Experience in supporting children's learning in all aspects;
- Ability to take responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision;
- Experience in monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupils' achievements, progress and development as agreed with the teacher;
- Ability to plan, prepare and deliver activities for individuals/groups or whole classes as PPA cover or occasionally for short term absence cover;
- Committed to the safeguarding of students;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach;
- Professional manner at all times.
If you are passionate about innovative education, have a commitment to personal excellence and are ready for a new challenge, we welcome your application.
To apply for this role, please follow the link to our website and complete our online application form www.mossbourne.org/vacancies
Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
“The Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.”