Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. Our vision of high expectations, creative learning, and mastery of teaching secured not only an outstanding Ofsted grade in July 2014 but also a recognition of the ‘best pupil progress of all academies across the nation.
We are looking for an inspiring and talented Higher Level Teaching Assistant, working closely with teachers to deliver the national curriculum and contributing to the development of other support staff, students, and school policies and strategies. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
What we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic person with great interpersonal skills, who is confident supervising whole classes during short-term absences of teachers
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team, working collaboratively with teachers to plan, manage and prepare resources and classes
- A person who will work hard to deliver the very best for our students and raise standards of achievement, encouraging them to become independent learners and providing support for their welfare and inclusion in Academy life
The deadline for this role is 12pm on 11th December 2016.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- A supportive environment of excellent teachers and support staff
- Outstanding training opportunities
- Opportunities for rapid development
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and pupils
As an outstanding Academy, we invest in our staff and offer excellent professional development opportunities and a comprehensive induction programme to support the progress of your career. We have excellent systems, a creative curriculum and a clear vision for continued excellence.
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park works within the wider Harris Federation, a supportive and highly successful group of 41 Academies all based in and around London. Each Academy operates autonomously within the Federation, but all Harris Academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For further information about the position, or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Lenka Reeve, Office Manager, on 020 8808 2045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Ref No 1849
We have taken an innovative approach to our recruitment, by using the power of video. As part of our recruitment process, we may ask you to complete a quick video assessment, giving you a unique opportunity to articulate your application, showcase your personality and tell us why you are interested in this next challenge. We use this alongside your online application form when shortlisting for interview.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.