Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Our vibrant two form entry primary school has only been open since 2014 and is situated in an amazing listed building which has been refurbished right in the Centre of Watford, Hertfordshire. From September 2019 we will have pupils from Reception to Year 5 and each year the school will grow until we are at a capacity of 420 pupils.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who want to work in a dynamic school and keen to further their career with focused CPD training.
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks plus 5 weeks paid holiday
Salary - £18,795 - £20,344 FTE
The main focus of your work will be to teach classes, covering teachers' planned and short term absences. In addition, your role will include supporting class teachers, supporting individuals and groups of children and supporting with the assessment of children.
We are looking to appoint a HLTA who:
• Has excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
• Has a comprehensive understanding of the Primary National Curriculum and the age-related expectations of children from EYFS up to KS2.
• Has a desire to help each child reach their full potential.
• Is creative and passionate about Learning.
• Has the capacity to think creatively
• Is an excellent communicator and has great interpersonal skills.
• The ability and desire to work as part of a team.
• Understands team leadership.
What we can offer you:
Amazing children with a love of learning
Opportunities for professional development
A growing school where we develop leaders
CLOSING DATE: 17th June 2019 at 9am
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Only typed applications on our application form will be considered.
CVs will not be accepted
Lanchester Community Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.