Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Are you prepared to work hard with exceptional young people and staff committed to going the extra mile?
Commencing: January 2022
Salary: Scale 5 (pt 12-15)
Barking Abbey School are looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to complement the professional work of the SENCO by taking responsibility for agreed activities under an agreed system of supervision.
This will involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups of students as well as monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting of student’s achievement, progress and development. Responsible for the management and development of a range of alternative qualifications as well as supporting students within mainstream subjects.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Passionate about inclusive practice and understanding how students as individuals learn
• An excellent practitioner
• Fully committed to meeting the needs of students with SEND
• An aspirational leader who can inspire and motivate others by example as well as having a warm and approachable demeanour
• Positive and constructive in their attitude and willing to make a significant contribution to raising standards across the school
• Empathetic and sensitive to differing viewpoints
• Will share our ‘no-one left behind’ ideology
• Passionate about making learning experiences exciting, memorable, and relevant
• The capacity to go beyond the obvious with a visionary outlook
Full details are set out in the Application pack including a job description and person spec. If you would like to visit the school, please contact Mrs Wright, Headteacher’s PA to book a place for one of the sessions.
Barking Abbey serves a diverse community and as such we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you are interested in making a difference in young people’s lives whatever your background or History please apply.
Barking Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including Disclosure check, will be undertaken on all successful applicants.
Barking Abbey is a heavily over-subscribed split site secondary school in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, and has a well-deserved reputation for its friendly and supportive atmosphere and its excellent academic achievements. With a large ...