Pay details: H5 - pro rata - term time + 5 INSET days
We are looking to appoint two keen, dedicated higher-level teaching assistants (HLTA) who aspire in the near future to be qualified teachers to start in September 2018. Each role would involve a significant amount of whole-class teaching, working alongside a member of the senior management team, and as such, would be perfect for a candidate with a bachelor’s degree who would be willing and able to develop their teaching skills in order to apply for an assessment only route to gain qualified teacher status in the 2019/20 academic year. For the right candidate (i.e. someone who works hard and responds positively to feedback) the school would fund this qualification. In the 2018/19 academic year, one role would involve working in the EYFS and the other role would involve working in KS2, mostly in Year 6. We are looking for someone who:-
- approaches all work with high expectations and a can-do attitude;
- maintains a firm but fair approach to working with children;
- works well alone and as part of a team; and,
- dedicates themselves to continuing professional development.
We can offer you:-
- a supportive, teaching-focused senior leadership team;
- experienced, supportive and welcoming colleagues;
- children who are a pleasure to teach;
- great opportunities for personal and professional development; and
- an opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged, giving you the opportunity to meet our fantastic pupils, see our extensive grounds and talk in more detail about working at the school with a member of our senior leadership team. Please contact Danielle Dulieu (School Business Manager) if you have any questions or would like to arrange to visit the school. Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to safer recruitment measures which will include an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 25/05/2018 18:30:00
Interview date: 6th Jun 2018
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
Hurst Drive Primary School