Golcar J I & N School is a popular school within the Colne Valley with 476 children currently on roll. We provide a positive, nurturing and inspiring learning environment where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our children are keen to learn, are well behaved and want to achieve their best.
We wish to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (H.L.T.A.) and are looking for somebody with commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work closely with staff to provide creative learning experiences for all of our pupils.
The school strives to help every child develop a love of learning through planning and delivering fun and enjoyable learning experiences in order for them to achieve their full potential.
We wish to further enhance the learning experiences of our children, therefore the successful candidate will need to be adaptable and creative as we are looking for a HLTA who is able to work across the primary age range covering all subject areas.
This post is 14 hours per week working over 2 days.
We can offer :
- A welcoming, inclusive, caring school.
- A hard working and supportive staff team who are committed to high quality teaching and learning.
- A supportive senior leadership team who are committed to everyone being a leader.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn.
- High standards and high expectations in every aspect of school life.
- An opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives and their families.
- A supportive and dedicated Governing Body.
- Parents / carers who are keen to work in partnership to raise standards.
- Support, guidance and management from the Headteacher
- Dedicated time for planning and preparation of lessons.
In return we are looking for:
- Commitment and enthusiasm to motivate children and practitioners to reach their full potential.
- Support for the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement;
- Someone who is passionate about children’s learning and welfare and with high expectations for all learners.
- A team player who can work alongside teaching staff to deliver positive outcomes for children
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We would encourage candidates to visit school. Visits are arranged for Monday 13th September at 1.30pm. Please call school to confirm attendance.
For more information about the school please go to our website.
Please can all completed application forms be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date 22nd September 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date: 29th September 2021
Early December Start
Part time Fixed term until August 2022– 2 days per week (14 hours) – 8.30am-4.30pm TTO plus 2 INSET days
Length of contract
December 2021 to August 2022
Golcar Junior Infant and Nursery School