We are looking for an inspiring and talented Primary Higher Level Teaching Assistant, specialising in PE, to join our vibrant and friendly primary academy.
You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and want the very best for our children.
Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Green is a one-form entry primary school in the heart of Beckenham. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success. Recent developments include refurbishment work, new resources and joining the Harris Federation, which combine to create a bright, modern and welcoming setting for children and staff.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Complement teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum and contribute to the development of other support staff, pupils and school policies and strategies;
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources;
- Supervise whole classes occasionally during the short term absences of teachers;
- Provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils, by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes;
- Encourage pupils to become independent learners;
- Provide support for their welfare and support the inclusion of our pupils in all aspects of academy life.
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Green?
- A small and friendly school, with the benefits of a thriving community of schools in Bromley and beyond as part of the Harris Federation
- A school that has been at the heart of the community in Beckenham Green since 1818
- Children who work hard and behave well; we encourage them to reach for their ‘personal best’, academically and in the way they relate to others
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package, with exceptional personal and professional development opportunities
For a confidential discussion about this post with the Principal, more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on 0208 650 5246 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in our school. We look forward to receiving your application.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.