£21,302 - £23,058
Permanent, Full Time
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
January 2022 start
Inspire their remarkable with us
Ryde Academy, based on the Isle of Wight, is an 11 to 18 years Secondary Academy and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). The school is set in spacious grounds in the town of Ryde which is a short walk from the local esplanade; providing excellent transport links to Portsmouth and Southsea. In 2017, Ryde Academy had a new multi-million pound school building built on the existing site, with a student capacity of 1,500.
Known as the “Garden Isle” because of its beautiful landscape, unspoilt beaches, rugged coastline and beautiful countryside; the Isle of Wight is a perfect place to raise a family. Ryde Academy is easily commutable from the south coast with excellent transport links in Ryde to Portsmouth and Southsea.
We are looking for a HLTA to complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities for students from across the school to develop their numeracy and or literacy skills. Working under the direction of senior staff, to strategically coordinate and deliver intervention work for targeted students.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 57 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date : 31st December 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Ryde Academy is an 11 - 18 years secondary academy situated on the picturesque Isle of Wight. There are currently 1000 students on roll but due to increasing popularity, this is ...