St. Charles is a successful, vibrant and welcoming school, located in a residential part of North Kensington, with easy access to Ladbroke Grove tube station, Portobello Road and Notting Hill. We are passionate about the education of our children, continuous professional development of all staff and have strong partnerships with parents and the wider community.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a HLTA to this exciting opportunity to explore the potential of working with children across both Key Stage 1 and 2, demonstrating a range of skills to support and inspire our pupils, delivering some PPA cover and also interventions.
The post is offered on the following basis:
- Start date is Monday, 3rd September 2018.
- Monday to Friday, term time plus Inset training days, i.e. 39 weeks p.a.
- Daily 8.15a.m. to 4p.m., (incl. a 45min. lunch break), i.e. 35hours per week.
- Salary Range B, scale 5 – 6, (on the inner London APT&C pay scale), based on experience. (Actual / pro rata salary approx. £20,800 – 24,500p.a.)
- Initially the post will be a one year contract but depending on performance and funding may become a permanent role.
The school will offer you:
- A supportive, friendly, calm and welcoming environment.
- A dedicated, hardworking and friendly staff team, committed to professional development and improving outcomes for the pupils.
- A leadership team who will support you to achieve your professional goals.
- Induction, support and a range of CPD opportunities.
- An engaged, supportive and effective Governing Body.
Visits to the School to meet the Head, children and staff are welcome and can be arranged by calling the School on 020-8969 5566.
To apply please complete the Catholic Education Service application forms, available on-line: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/recruitment-process/item/1000042-application-forms or in hard copy from the School office.
Your application should demonstrate and include evidence of:
- Previous experience, preferably at HLTA level, working with children in a formal capacity, being a positive role model, having a constructive, caring and energetic approach to the education of children by raising attainment and standards working with both small groups and individual pupils, their teachers and liaising with parents / carers.
- At least two ‘A’ (Advanced) levels grade A* to C. Copies of your certificates need to be included with your application. Applications from graduates are encouraged.
Completed application forms should be signed and returned by post or in person, with copies of academic certificates, by midday on Thursday, 28th June 2018. You will be contacted if your application is successful and interviews will be held soon after the closing date.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, requires successful enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance and is subject to employment references, identity and safeguarding checks and a half term probationary period.