Manchester Academy is vibrant, dynamic and forward thinking teaching community which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring the success of our students. We are located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre which means excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our SEN department. This important role requires the post holder to be responsible for planning, delivering and assessing episodes of learning to small groups of students who struggle to access specific subjects within the mainstream curriculum for reasons that include SEN needs, Vulnerabilities, Medical Conditions and Challenging Behavior.
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who has;
• NVQ Level 3 – Higher Level Teaching Status (or be willing to achieve it)
• Practical Experience of supporting pupils with SEN issues.
• Passion for the education of young people.
• The ability to plan effective actions for students at risk of under achieving.
• Strong IT skills and ability to use the Microsoft Office suite.
In return we will provide you with;
• The opportunity to help set up and grow part a new department within the Academy.
• Support with CPD and Development needs.
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in.
Please read the Job Description for further details on this post.
Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check.