OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our small and friendly team at our Ridgeway Campus are seeking an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated HLTA to provide support for SEND students across KS2 to KS4 and assist the Learning Support Coordinator where necessary.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
- In liaison with the classroom teacher, to support students in achieving their individualised targets
- To provide learning support for the pupil in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the child and seek advice from the SENDco, class teacher and outside agencies as required
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons on a one to one basis
- Liaise with class
- To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified materials as required e.g worksheets, games, visual prompt cards etc.
- To make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the SENDCo, Educational Psychologist and other outside agencies
- To be involved in the planning and preparation of the day to day class activities
- To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment both in the classroom and outside
- Motivate and encourage students
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards
- To attend in service training and relevant meetings relevant to the pot in order to keep up to date with developments in working with children with special educational needs
- To act as a positive role model to all pupils
- To have a positive attitude
- To record and take responsibility for measuring the progress made in interventions
- To attend planning meetings with the class teacher/ SENDCo to develop learning programmes and to assist in the delivery of interventions
- To provide regular feedback to the class teacher, SENDCo, parents and relevant outside agencies about the pupil’s difficulties and progress
The successful applicant will:
- Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
- Have relevant qualifications or experience working in a school with pupils requiring additional support
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
In return we offer:
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
- Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Dedicated and talented specialist staff who work together to continually build upon our high standards
- On-going CPD with support from our Teacher Training Academy - our innovative skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
For a visit or to have an informal discussion about the role, please call the campus directly on 03300 552611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 17th January 2020
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Ridgeway Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment