Haydon is a large, friendly and creative school in North West London. We have been judged as outstanding by OFSTED. We are looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to thrive in our supportive environment.
Haydon School would like to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to take a lead role within the school to support the needs of pupils with autism who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning, under direction from the SENCO.
We are a committed and dedicated team whose aim is to support and develop the potential of students with Special Educational Needs.
Working 34 hours per week, 39 weeks per year term time only.
At Haydon School ,we really value people who work well in a team, are self-starters, enthusiastic, flexible and have a good sense of humour.
- Meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills – equivalent to NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths
- TEACCH or SCERTS accreditation
- Experience of working with students with ASD
- Evidence of having worked with children in relevant age in a learning environment
- Working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of the needs of students with specific learning and communication difficulties.
- Working knowledge of national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes
- Can use ICT effectively to support learning
- Understand principles of child development and learning processes
- Understanding of statutory frameworks relating to teaching
- Ability to organise, lead and motivate a team
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Ability to differentiate work for students
- A sense of humour
- Constantly improve own practice/knowledge through self-evaluation and learning from others
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and own position within these
- Knowledge of students with SEMH
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role.
To find out why we’re so proud of Haydon School, visit our website now: www.haydonschool.com or check us out on twitter @HaydonSchool
Haydon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.