Campsbourne School is a popular and successful two form entry primary school in the London borough of Haringey. We are fortunate to be located on the boarders of Alexandra Palace Park and have substantial grounds. We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and a highly experienced and inspirational teaching staff who are dedicated to providing the best all round education for our children and a strong commitment to inclusive practice. We are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will specialise in art and deliver weekly lessons to classes in years 1 to 6 for 3 days a week. The remaining 2 days will be providing additional support / cover as required.
You will be responsible for:
• Planning and delivering art lessons
• Developing the art curriculum
• Differentiating the curriculum to meet the needs of all children
• Planning and leading interventions
• Teaching classes to release teachers for management time / meetings
• Liaising with teachers and parents.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Have a back ground in art
• Are highly motivated and energetic
• Can supervise and manage children's behaviour effectively
• Have high standards and expectations
• Relate to children with patience, kindness, firmness and good humour
• Someone who has excellent interpersonal social skills and qualities to innovate in the playground.
• Can ensure that children's playtime is safe and enjoyable
• Have the ability to play / initiate games • Deal with pupils in a positive and encouraging manner
• Enjoy working within a supportive staff team.
• Have a passion for helping children develop their social and emotional skills.
• Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
We can offer you:
• A supportive, collegiate and motivated team
• Enthusiastic, friendly children with a love of learning
• High quality professional development opportunities
• An inclusive school with a ‘can do’ ethos
• Strong ambitious leadership with a clear sense of strategic direction
• Supportive parents and governors.
• Excellent transport links (Walking distance, through a park, to Alexandra Palace Train Station and close to Wood Green / Turnpike Lane on the Piccadilly Line
• Campsbourne Primary School and the local authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment
• The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
• Campsbourne Primary School actively promotes the core British Values defined by the Department for Education as: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
• The school is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity.
To apply please contact Victoria Keverne at the school office for an application pack. Candidates are required to complete an application form and write a statement which demonstrates how they meet the Person Specification. Completed application forms should be sent to Victoria Keverne.
Tel: 020 83402064
Closing Date: Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 23rd May 2018