Higher Level Teaching Assistant
£70 - £75 per day
February 2019 – July 2019
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a part time Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the South Tyneside area. This is a fixed term supply Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) role, which will commence in February 2019 until July 2019.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative primary school team across both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, the Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) will focus on delivering whole class support to multiple year groups, the successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) will also be expected to cover class PPA when and where needed. This role will include working across multiple year groups and working with both Key Stage 1 (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2) classes, so the successful applicant must be confident across both Key Stages. Part time hours will include working 12:30 – 15:30 Monday to Friday.
This average sized primary school is looking for a committed and successful Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join their motivated team. Within this primary school the curriculum is rightly focused on the development of pupils’ English and mathematical skills, which are then applied skilfully across other subjects in the curriculum.
To be considered for the Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 5 qualification in Childcare or relevant qualification
• Have experience of working as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant in Primary School environment
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Ideally have experience delivering one to one support.
• Ideally have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555. Alternatively please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com to be considered for this post.