“We care, we learn, we shine”
We are seeking an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant starting November 2019.
You will be a highly motivated individual with a flexible approach who relishes the challenge of maintaining our high standards. You will support teaching and learning within the classroom as well as taking out small groups of pupils for Maths and Literacy interventions.
The successful candidate will:
• Have good English and Maths skills/knowledge (GCSE Equivalent), have or be in the process of obtaining HLTA status and be confident on IT
• Have experience of being lead practitioner in class covering PPA, following teachers’ planning or creating own from long term plan
• Assist in planning activities and preparing resources to help the children access the curriculum, indoors and outdoors, and achieve their potential
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
• Have an area of expertise to lead with children and staff
Ash Grange is a Good Primary School (2-11 years) serving a diverse community. We are particularly proud of our Anti-Bullying Charter Gold award, Healthy Schools Gold Award and our Bronze UNICEF Rights, Respecting School Award. Most recently, we were awarded the National Children’s Bureau Wellbeing Award for Schools which recognised that good emotional wellbeing and mental health for pupils and staff is at the heart of our school.
The hours are 35.5hr/week, term time only (39 weeks), Monday to Friday 8.30 to 3.45pm (Wednesdays until 5.30pm staff meeting).
The salary is Surrey P4 £18,698-£20,653 (£15,717-£17,360 pro rata) or P5 £21,169-£23,367 (£17,794-£19,642 pro rata), according to experience. This is a permanent contract.
Centrally located and with plenty of onsite parking, the school is a five minute walk from Ash Station.
Visits to the school prior to application are very welcome, please contact school office to organise a tour.
Application closing date: Wednesday 25 September Midday
Interview date: Friday 4 October 2019
Ash Grange Preschool, Nursery & Primary School
Ash Church Road
Ash, Surrey GU12 6LX
Mental Health and Wellbeing statement: Ash Grange Primary School has a learning environment that promotes and enhances the positive mental health of the whole school community, recognising that health relationships underpin positive mental health and have a significant impact on learning, health and wellbeing. We champion the expectation that ‘mental health is everyone’s responsibility’.
Safeguarding statement: Ash Grange Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.