Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
Harrow Shenzhen is a collaborative project between Authority of Qianhai and Harrow International Management Services, with Harrow International School Shenzhen to be opened in 2020 and the bilingual Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy to be opened in 2021.
Located in the Qianhai Cooperation Zone, Harrow International School Shenzhen covers an area of 40,000 square metres and has a total construction area of approximately 139,000 square metres. The school has obvious transportation advantages, located in the main urban roads adjacent to Metro Line 5. The campus will be built to cater a maximum capacity of 1,000 students with facilities that cater to the needs of a K-12 full-time school with boarding.
We are seeking high performing staff for posts commencing in August 2021. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements
• At least 3 years teaching experience with evidence of securing the very highest student outcomes
• Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England including KS3, IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels as
• Evidence of relevant and challenging continuing professional development
• Experience and knowledge of university guidance and application processes
• Experience of leading or co-ordinating the work of other professionals
• Experience of working in an international school context and / or experience of university guidance for
• Experience in co-ordinating or delivering a Careers Education Programme and / or university fairs
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Substantial and recent professional development, relevant to post
Personal qualities and behaviours
• Be a role model for staff and students
• Be highly motivated, ambitious, highly collaborative or also willing to take initiative
• Have high levels of honesty and integrity in aspects of their role
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic
• Passionate about teaching and a strong commitment to holistic education
• The ability to inspire students through a genuine passion for learning and a desire to lead them towards
outstanding academic outcomes
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• Highly motivated, ambitious and collaborative
• Demonstrate empathy, humility and genuinely care about children, taking the time to listen and
Skills and knowledge
• Highly effective communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge of university systems and global employment trends
• Understands, in practice, the dual importance of academic excellence coupled with the development of
the whole child
• High level of emotional intelligence, as well as a good sense of humour
• Unequivocally clear as to what excellent Post 16 practice looks like
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check (for applicants who have never
worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
Educational Excellence for Life and Leadership
Harrow International School Shenzhen (Qianhai)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 15 years
Harrow Shenzhen is a collaborative project between Authority of Qianhai and Harrow International Management Services, with Harrow International School Shenzhen to be opened in 2020 and the bilingual Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy to be opened i...