Founded in 1995, the Lycée Français de Shanghai (LFS) is a private school, managed by the Managing Committee of the Parents’ Association, and appointed by the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE, Agence pour l’enseignement français à l’étranger). The teaching programs follow the French curricula, and the decisions about the guidance of students are valid in all French schools, both abroad and in France.
The LFS has two campuses, one in Qingpu and one in Pudong, and welcomes over 1,500 students, from kindergarten to high school (Terminale).The French School of Shanghai offers an internationally minded education to pupils from the French and international community. While the school follows the French Curriculum, the bilingual stream offers a split timetable English and French education. In their final two years, students may prepare for the International Option of the French Baccalaureate in English or Chinese.
THE ROLE:We are seeking a dynamic teacher with the ability to teach History and Geography in English across the secondary French curriculum. The ideal candidate will be willing to contribute to the development of our rewarding bilingual section and have an excellent knowledge of English language and French History. Experience with ESL learners is desirable.The school boasts a vibrant English department, international teaching staff with 17 nationalities working together, small class sizes, and spacious grounds.
- Have a degree, recognized teaching qualification, and relevant experience
- Have a vision for quality education
- Communicate and work well as part of a team
- Be passionate about learning and teaching
- Knowledge and experience of teaching at Secondary School levels
- An eagerness to understand and adopt the French Education system
- A willingness to be involved in the wider life of the School
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage