Part Time (0.6)
A great opportunity to work in a talented, highly motivated and supportive team of teachers who have secured the Academy’s outstanding OFSTED status, exceptional examination success and a thriving sixth form.
Located in the London Borough of Barnet, Wren Academy is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our Progress 8 figure which places us in the top 100 schools nationally. We are an all-through school with a thriving Sixth Form and a primary phase which opened in 2016. The engaging curriculum and state of the art buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success. The Academy is a forward-thinking establishment and welcomes colleagues who are enthusiastic and ready to offer their ideas to create powerful and effective learning experiences for all students. The History Department is a thriving part of the Wren community and offers History to A level. The curriculum is innovative and focused on developing students’ lifelong love of History, as well as achieving outstanding examination success.
Wren is a MAT and plans are well advanced to build new schools which will provide exciting professional development opportunities for the successful candidate.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
- outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills
- a strong History background with the ability to teach the subject to GCSE essential and Politics and History to A Level desirable
- evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
- the desire to maximise the performance of all students and ensure the very best progress for all
- the ability to provide strong pastoral care and support the wellbeing of students
- a willingness to support the Christian ethos
For an application pack please see our website: www.wrenacademy.org/recruitment
Closing date: Noon Friday 19 April 2019 but applications will be considered as they are received.
Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 29 April 2019.
Wren Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wren Academy, Hilton Avenue, North Finchley, LONDON N12 9HB