At Focus School Biggleswade Campus, we take a forward-looking and pioneering approach to education. While academic excellence has been and always will be a priority, we challenge outdated educational practices with our Self-Directed Learning program. We place the focus on how students are learning, rather than merely on what is being taught. Our cutting edge learning environment, the embeddedness of technology and ultimately our students are a testament to this.
Our small and friendly team are now seeking to appoint an experienced and highly skilled History Teacher on a full time, permanent basis to support our students across KS3, KS4 and KS5. You will be adept at teaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson. Tailoring your approach to each child, they will be both supported and challenged by your input.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work.
N.B. The post is open to NQT’s
• To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and students’ Self-Directed Learning assignments for subject.
• Ensure each lesson plan indicates which outcomes will be addressed in the lesson and what resources will be used, in line with the FLT subject curriculum
• To ensure the Self Directed Learning philosophy of the school is present in the opportunities presented to the students
• To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks centred on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes and discussion forums
• Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
• To set targets, based on prior attainments, and undertake effective, informative marking which will extend and develop all students
• To keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
• Possess recent experience of teaching History to students from KS3 to KS5
• Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner
• Have an up to date knowledge of the KS3 to KS5 National Curriculum and assessment framework, including GCSE and A-Level exam specifications
• Be an experienced teacher or an exceptional NQT
• Have high standards and expectations of behaviour and learning
• Be creative and use your initiative within professionalism and policy
• Enjoy being part of a supportive team
• Be caring and enthusiastic
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, Trustees and wider community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust to continually progress and develop your career with through our unique Teacher Training Academy - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.focus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
To organise a visit please contact the campus directly on 01767 602 800. For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or for an application pack please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for application forms: 12 noon on Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews will be held: Thursday 23rd/Friday 24th May
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Biggleswade Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Charity No: 1099725