Due to our increasing popularity and expanding roll, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, effective, innovative and highly motivated History Teacher to join our growing team of staff from September 2017. We are an Academy with Outstanding Leadership and Management at all levels. We are an Academy with Outstanding Leadership and Management at all levels across the school. (Ofsted 2010 & Ofsted 2013 – overall effectiveness “Outstanding”)
The successful candidate must have:
- The ability to teach History up to KS4 and ideally to A Level,
- The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a small dynamic team and
- A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors,
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff,
- A Talent Management strategy that ensures teachers at all stages of their career have access to a range of leadership development programmes and
- Facilitation of a range of accredited courses such as NPQML, NPQSL, NPSML along with our RSA Leadership Development Programme.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please click here or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please click here.
We would welcome applications from existing History teachers, or NQTs.
Informal visits are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact Whitley Academy direct.
Further information regarding this vacancy and the application process can be downloaded from this website or alternatively can be found here Completed applications should be returned via email to Whitley Academy. Only fully completed application forms will be accepted. CVs not accompanied with a completed application form will not be considered.
Closing date is: Noon – Thursday 18th May 2017
This post is not open to recruitment agencies. We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.