An exciting vacancy has arisen at a secondary school graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted based in Essex. Smart Teachers is seeking a conscientious and dedicated History Teacher to join a welcoming and inclusive school from September 2017. If you are looking to join a school at an exciting time of growth, and be part of an academy trust with excellent opportunities for future career progression this could be a great move for you. The successful History Teacher will be joining the school on a full time contract until the end of the academic year, with the potential to be offered a permanent position.
About the role
· History Teacher
· Planning and delivering creative History lessons from KS3 up to KS4
· Be an active part of the History department working under a driven and enthusiastic team
· September 2017 start contracted until the end of the academic year, with the potential to turn into a permanent position
· Full time role
· MPS Salary up to £30, 000 per annum
About the School
· Smaller than average, oversubscribed secondary school in Harlow, Essex
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Spacious and bright classrooms
· Fairly new, allowing teachers use of latest technology and facilities
· Strong, supportive and pro-active leadership team
· Close to Harlow Town station
In order to be considered for this role, the successful History Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a teaching qualification (PGCE / Bachelor of Education or equivalent)
· Have recent experience teaching the UK or equivalent curriculum
· NQTS welcome to apply as well as those with experience both in the UK and overseas
· Thrive in a multi-cultural environment in an area of deprivation
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number DDSA9554.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.